As a landlord, you want insurance that’s tailored specifically to protect your rental property. It’s really about protecting your investment.

Carolina Industrial underwrites a great many Habitational Risks, both in North and South Carolina.

Rental Homes make up a large segment of the Habitational Market and are becoming more and more common as a way for both Individuals and businesses to invest in Real Estate and garner income on both a growth and current income basis.

The Insurance type of coverage needed for rental properties is not the same as that needed for a homeowner. In fact, a typical Homeowner’s Policy is not intended for a rental house and consumers could find themselves with a problem in the event of a claim.

A Dwelling Fire Policy is normally used for For Rental Homes and will include, typically, coverage for the home itself, Landlord Liability Coverage and Loss of Rents (in the event of a covered cause of loss), among others.

These policies can include multiple homes or can be written for only one home. In some instances, a Commercial Package Policy (CPP) can also be used, but a CPP is normally intended for larger commercial-type properties which would not qualify for a Dwelling Fire Policy.

Pricing is normally comparable to a Homeowner’s Policy.

Get a Free Rental Quote